Golf Gambling 101. A Simple Guide
Golf is one of the world’s most popular sports and billions of dollars are wagered on it every year! Gamblers love gambling on golf due to the variety of tournaments, extensive bet types, and the ability to secure fantastic odds. In this easy to understand guide we are going to break down the types of bets you can place, golf betting terminology, and even show how to evaluate a sportsbook. Let’s get started!
What Are The Most Popular Golf Bets Can You Make?
If you have ever checked out the betting markets for matches and tournaments you may be shocked to find out the sheer amount of wagers on offer. Due to the variety of wagers, golf is a sport that will always keep gamblers coming back for more! Check out below the best types of wagers you should make:
- Outright: With an outright wager your job is to predict a single player to win a tournament. Due to the sheer amount of players participating in each tournament you can back an under and receive payouts of over 100 to 1!
- Placing: If you want to reduce your risk then instead of betting on a player to win you can place money on them to place. You can wager on a player to make the top 3, 5, or even crack the top 10.
Matchup: Bookmakers will often take two golfers who are playing the same tournament and let you bet on either won to place higher. You can find a range of head to head options including based on rankings or tee off time.
- Round gambling: With round betting, you don’t need to worry about a golfer’s final score but only how they performed in a specific round.
- Props: Golf prop wagers allow you to wager on specific outcomes such as a hole in ones, the final score of a golfer, or if they will birdie or bogey a specific hole. These bets offer fantastic returns but be warned they are risky!
- Futures: A futures wager is a unique wager where you are attempting to predict the outcome of an event in the future. For example, common futures wagers include backing a player to win a tour championship instead of a single tournament or gambling on a player to achieve the number 1 ranking.
Golf really does present you with so many different styles of wagering that you can always find great action and interesting bets. However, if you want to be a long-term consistent winner then we recommend you become an expert in one or two styles of betting as specialists often have an edge on sportsbooks.
Golf Gambling Terminology
Golf wagering is filled with unique and interesting terminology. Check out some of the most common terms below:
- Favorites: Favorites are golfers that sportsbooks and the general public predict to win. These athletes have the lowest payout but also have the lowest risk.
- Long shots: Long shots are golfers who the sportsbook doesn’t think have a chance of winning. By backing long shots you can receive very high odds but the chance of winning is very low.
- Parlay: With a parlay wager is when you take multiple individual wagers and combine them in a single giant wager. You only win if every one of your bets wins. Parlays offer some insane payouts and people have won millions from parlays.
Now you know all these terms you won’t be confused the next time you research your wagers! Now all you need to do is find a top tier sportsbook that will accept your bets.
Tips For Evaluating Sportsbooks For Golf Gambling
If you have checked out the online gambling world you will have noticed just how many betting sites are out there. Due to the sheer amount of sites, it is tough to determine which ones are legit and which ones you should avoid. That is why we are going to share with you how to identify the very best sportsbooks! Check out our methodology below.
Sportsbooks that offer great odds give you an amazing opportunity to become a consistent winner. Before signing up you should research the odds provided by multiple sites to identify which site is offering the best deal. We recommend you avoid sites that offer lower odds and stick to sites that offer odds above the average rate as this can have a big impact on your win rate.
Did you know that sportsbooks give away cash and free bets in the form of promo deals? The best sportsbooks offer a variety of promo deals as a marketing strategy to attract brand new players and to keep existing gamblers satisfied. These bonuses can range from $10 all the way up to thousands. Popular promo deals include deposit bonuses where a bookmaker will give you extra cash based on the size of your deposit. For example, if you deposit $300 and claim a 300% bonus you will receive an additional $900. Lots of sportsbooks will also allow you to make free bets where you can wager on sports with the site’s cash and keep whatever you win! We recommend only signing up to sportsbooks which offer valuable bonus deals.
Did you know that you watch all of the best golf tournaments live at online betting sites? Sportsbooks allow you to watch every event you can imagine for free and in HD. You will never have to miss any action as you can simply log in and watch along live! We recommend avoiding sportsbooks that do not offer live streaming on all major golf tournaments.
Time To Bet On Golf
You now have all the knowledge required to make winning bets. Now it is time to sign up at a sportsbook, claim a bonus and place some golf wagers!